NFW5800DW0 Amana washer only hums....?

FRANK RIZZO

Premium Member
Model Number
NFW5800DW0
Brand
Amana
I have an amana f/l washer, cleaned pump out and plugged back in. Nothing came on and it just started to make a hummmm noise.. any help from anyone?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I can't find any service information or a tech sheet for that model. Can you tell where the humm is coming from? Was it working fine until you cleaned the pump?

FRANK RIZZO

Premium Member
It is an Amana front load washer, purchased in Canada. Model #NFW5800DW0. I put that model # in google search and it brings up info. The model # is correct. The hummmmmmmmm noise comes from the pump area at the back. When i unplug it for 10 mins then plug it back in, it just hummmms as though as its trying to drain.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Some Canadian models we don't have any information on and that's one of them. Can you post a copy of your tech sheet? Is it the pump that's humming??

FRANK RIZZO

Premium Member
YOUR AWESOME BIGBUCK!! I tried to copy and paste off my whirlpool site and they would not let me do that. Thanks again!!

FRANK RIZZO

Premium Member
I just had a WFW85HEFC Whirpool front loader with the same issue about 2 months ago, when I unplugged the washer for 10 mins and plugged it back in it would make the same noise. I replaced the water pressure sensor (water level control) and it worked. I am wondering if this is the same issue.....?