FIXED NGD7200 Clothes taking longer than normal to dry

SDteacher

Premium Member
Model Number
NGD7200
Brand
Amana
Hello all,

My dryer and I are about to have an office space moment. I have been working on this thing for 2 weeks and getting nowhere.

First symptom was that clothes were taking longer than normal to dry and were coming out damp.

After some investigation I see that the burner is running for the first cycle and then not firing for the rest.

First actions is to test all of the thermostats, all tested fine

Next replaced the coils. Same result

Then I replace the igniter..... Nope.

I caved and have come a repair guy who did everything that I did and actually put in new thermostats.

None of it worked.... The conclusion is that the valve is bad (same thought I had when he came out). I ordered it and put it in.

First test after the valve replacement seemed to work well and I was doing high fives with the wife.

I leave for a bit with the dryer running and it appears that the issue is not fixed and running into the initial problem, AGAIN!!!

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Any thoughts??? PLEASE HELP

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

After some investigation I see that the burner is running for the first cycle and then not firing for the rest.
And then what happens?
Ignitor only comes on and off?
Heat stays off, 15, 20, 30 minutes and then eventually comes back on?

Venting been checked?
Could try ( as a test only! ) disconnecting the vent and allow the dryer to vent into the room to see what happens.

jeff.

SDteacher

Premium Member
So silly me didn't tighten the screw on the igniter enough and it touched the metal housing causing it to break. :(

New part is on the way... 2 weeks on this dryer has been way too long.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
2 weeks on this dryer has been way too long.
Running out of underwear?!?

superman-underwear.jpg

didn't tighten the screw on the igniter enough and it touched the metal housing causing it to break
Thankx for the update.

jeff.