FIXED NMWS336FS1 Frigidaire Washer agitates but doesn’t spin during spin cycle.

Rocket Man

Premium Member
Model Number
NMWS336FS1
Brand
Frigidaire
Frigidaire washer model NMWS336FS1 serial C73519520 the machine washes but won’t spin during spin cycle. I’ve read a lot post and think the problem is either a faulty lid switch, bad clutch or slipping belt. Can anyone tell me how to check for a bad switch and if this washer has a clutch or if my problem is something completely different.

Thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

but won’t spin during spin cycle
What happens instead?
Water drains out ok? Motor is running ok? Belt is turning ok? Large pulley in the middle is turning ok?

think the problem is either a faulty lid switch
Could be, does the washer go dead in spin?
Hope it is not the lid switch, it is coming up as NLA.
Does the lid lock?

bad clutch
Your washer doesn't have one.

or slipping belt
Is it slipping? It should slip some.

jeff.

Rocket Man

Premium Member
Opened up the front of the washer today to get a better look at it and ran it without a load. The water drains fine, large pulley turns ok, and the motor runs fine but I found the belt is fraying and found pieces of it rubbed off (looks like black dust on bottom of washer). I decided to remove the belt and it looks worn and it’s really greasy to the touch. I put belts on washers in the past and I never found one greasy to the touch but nothing else greasy. My best guess is the belt’s bad and has been breaking down, wearing away and slipping. I ordered a new belt and will replace it tomorrow.

BTW

I asked my wife about her experiences with the washer and she said when she was running half loads it didn’t always spin-and once there was a burning smell like motor was stuck.

I attached pictures of the belt I pulled out.

Attachments

Rocket Man

Premium Member
Took the old belt off and cleaned up the greasy residue with a degreaser and vinegar. After cleaning things up I put the new belt on and ran a load and everything looks good. Thanks for help I appreciate it and I’ll posting again soon now the Frigidaire is fixed I have Fisher Paykel GW11 to work on next.