• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Nn-l939ba

OldGrampa

Premium Member
Joined
May 21, 2010
Messages
5
Location
Oregon
Model Number
NN-L939BA
Brand
Age
More than 10 years
Panasonic Microwave NN-L939BA
Light burned out.

Plug is behind a wall that has no access.

I know this is probably a throwaway item.

If I cut out the grill area that covers the light,
what kind of metal/?? patch material,
might I try for a replacement?

I;m not worried about cosmetics.

Tx for any comments.
 

OldGrampa

Premium Member
Joined
May 21, 2010
Messages
5
Location
Oregon
I "remedied" the problem by cuting the power cord (breaker off),
then adding plug/recepticle, so then I could pull out the microwave and dissassymble & replace bulb.
 
Top