• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

No Broil or Bake, Frustrating

Model Number
GRMF3151SM-3
Brand
GE
Hey Guys,

Having a Problem locating my Stove Problem lol. I was Baking some christmas meat pies and on third batch I went to check on them after 30 mins and nothing, didnt even cook them. I have checked continuity in the bake element and it is fine. I put the selector switch onto broil and the light comes on but no heat. also the light comes on if I switch it to broil and dont even put the temp switch on (never noticed if it did this before but think its odd it would come on with no temp selected). Im guessing its the switch but am unsure on how to test to make sure, so Im not just throwing parts at the stove. any help would be greatly appriciated.

thanks in advance

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I can't get anything to come up with that model number. It's most likely because of the area you're in. Some Canadian models we don't have information on in the USA and this is probably one of them. I'm guessing, from the wording in your post, your model doesn't use an ERC (electronic range control) but uses a selector switch with a dial knob and a thermostat with a dial also. Is that correct? If it is, checking the thermostat shouldn't be very hard. It's probably a two wire thermostat or possibly 4 if it has self clean. Unplug the range and with an ohmmeter, measure between the two connectors on the thermostat and see if there's continuity when you turn the thermostat to the on position. If there's more that two wires, it will be the two heaver wires and they'll both be the same color. If it's more complicated than that, look for your wiring diagram in an envelope taped to the bottom or back of the lower drawer. If it's not there it will either be tapped to the sides where the drawer is or taped to the back panel or possibly inside the control panel. If you find it post it here and I'll tell you what to check. If you don't find it, take some pictures of the back of the controls and wires and post them here, and I'll see what I can do.