• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

No Hot Water In Brand New Electrolux Washer EFLS527UIW

in6seczone

Premium Member
Model Number
EFLS527UIW
Brand
Electrolux
Just got a brand new Electralux EFLS527 yesterday. After the delivered it I wanted to run it through a cycle with nothing in it.
Hot water heater is right next to the washer and have plenty of pressure. Fills a 5 gallon bucket in 40 seconds.
Put it in Normal - Hot and it never puts in hot water. So I turned off the cold water valve unplugged the washer and tried it again Normal - Hot the water never came into the
washer and after about 3 minutes flashed code E11. I did check both filter screens and nothing in them. So I unplugged and tried it again Normal -Hot no hot water came into washer so after 1 minute I turned on the cold water
and water started coming into the washer, although I had the washer set to HOT. I immediately turned the cold water off and no hot water came into the washer. So next I switched the settings to Normal - COLD with the hot water valve turned on and the cold
water valve still turned off, thinking maybe the factory had the connections on the back of the washer swapped. Still no hot water. Turned on the cold water valve and immediately started filling. So I'm thinking that the hot water solenoid valve my be bad?

As I read through this forum I seen were dbeach was having a problem with hot water in normal cycle and that he had to put the washer in whitest whites or heavy duty to get hot water into the washer. So I set it to heavy duty - hot. This time I left both hot and cold water valves open.
Still no how water after it filled. To me the best test to see if it has hot water coming into the machine is turning off the COLD water valve and leaving the HOT water valve open. Putting the washer in HOT water only but so far that has never flowed any hot water into the washer. Tried that in NORMAL and WHITEST WHITES. Or does this washer have to have both water valves turned on to even work? Never see that before. What else can I try? I hope to goodness I can wash in just HOT water. If not I don't want this washer. Can someone tell me if they can actually wash in just hot water? Should I return it or have them come out and fix it. I bought it at Home Depot and have the 5 year warranty. I know that is a lot of questions but I only have 24 hours before I can return this back to Home Depot.
Thanks,
Mike

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Mike,

Are you sure you have the fill hoses on properly? Reverse the fill hoses, then try it again.

Jake

in6seczone

Premium Member
Yes hoses are on correctly. I ran about 10 gallons of water through both the cold and hot water lines before hooking up to washer. I like to flush the lines every 6 months since we are on a well.
I also did a test to run the washer in NORMAL - Cold with only the hot water turned on and it still did not add hot water. I did that thinking maybe from the factory the had the water valves reversed.
I just did another run in Whitest Whites with both water valves turned on and water temp set to HOT. Ran for 10 seconds with cold water. Then shut off. I guess that would be to add water to the soap dispenser. It paused, then added cold water again to fill the tub. It never added hot water. I was holding the hoses to see what water was running into the washer. I think it has a bad solenoid valve to open hot water or the board is bad sending the signal to it. It is brand new delivered yesterday from Home Depot. I can have them come out and fix it, but if they say that is normal I'm going to be mad to have a washer that want put hot water in the washer. So what do you think I should do. If I do a service call then I'm stuck with it or send it back and buy another washer?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Mike,

Another member did have this same issue.

Look what he said:
--->For the SANITIZE temperature setting (still NORMAL cycle), hot water is used all the time, plus the heater boosts the temperature further.

Do you have SANITIZE temperature setting on your washer?

Here's his thread:

Jake

in6seczone

Premium Member
I’ve only run normal and whitest whites in hot. Neither one added hot water to the washer. I’m checking the hot water flow into the washer by feeling the hot water hose. It never gets warm. I know the sanitize will heat the
water up. I just want hot water to go into the washer. If I want it hotter then I can do the sanitize the mode.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately, that's how he says it works--->During the wash/fill cycle, the hot water valve opened for ONLY 4 SECONDS, after an initial 47 second period of cold water flow. The cold water valve was later opened for periods of 60, 14, 9, and 10 seconds, all during the wash/fill cycle. The hot water valve never opened again.
- Similar behavior is seen with the temperature set to "hot".

I'd return the machine and get a Maytag, Whirlpool, Amana or Roper they don't have this problem.

Jake