• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

no water in ice tray

mcoop

Premium Member
Model Number
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Ok here goes.
I have a sears Kenmore side by side,icemaker quit,no water. tra harvester works.I checked water flow all is good there,I used a short pin and it filled with water. i have part number 2210315 removed and it smells like electrical burning in th acceler ice assy.
Now since the tay fills when shorted and the harvester works do i need the ice maker assy part # 4317943
or is the acceler ices assy what is not making it work. reason i ask is the parts come seperately and im not sure if i need both or just one?
refridgerator is a sears kenmore coldspot side my side. model number is 106.50562992
furthemore if anyone is a part supplier here as well with the answer i wouldnt mind doing business with you.
Thank you very much.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

mcoop

Premium Member
Yeah sorry its 106-50562992 hard to read on tag.
what about the electrical burning smell from the acceler ice thing? when it gets plugged back in will it work or is it shot also?
sorry for not spell checking and lack of info.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The acceler-ice is basically just a fan motor. You can use a cheater cord to check the fan motor and see if it runs. If you have the wiring diagram or tech sheet (usually located behind the kick plate, right side) check for supply voltage going to the fan motor. You should have 110 VAC at the White and Black or Red wire at the ice-maker connector.

mcoop

Premium Member
used a multi meter and tested for power from ice tray,no current,put 110v to the acceler ice attachment
and it started working,now i know for sure i only need the one part,thanks again for all the help Rick.