• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

No water, won't spin except in rinse and spin cycles

RyanD

Premium Member
Hi All,

I have a Maytag stacked washer/dryer Model: LSE7806ACE . And yesterday it stopped working. When I start the wash cycle just a humming sound for few seconds comes from behind the dial. Washer does spin (without any water) if I rotated the dial to the end of Wash, Rinse or Spin cycles.

Unit is 8 years old.
Please help!

Thank you,
Ryan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Ryan,

Sounds like your water inlet valve may be bad.

No Hot or Cold water comes in at all?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
OK,

Pull your washer out from the wall, then turn off your hot & cold water valve lines that run to it, then check to see how your water pressure is, get a container to run those lines in for a pressure test.

Then check your water inlet valve screens itself for clogs.

Whats the serial# of your washer?

Jake

RyanD

Premium Member
Jake,

I wasn't able to pull the washer away from the wall. It seemed heavy (or jammed in place). I also worried that I might break water outlets or pull electrical cables.

I have attached some pictures. Washer only has access from front. There is no access from rear or sides. Should I be able simply full it out? This installation should enough slack in power cables, water (out going) pipes etc. Right?

Serial Number is: 15930667UM (Model: LSE7806ACE)

Also in case I need to hire someone to do this (replacing water screen) for me, how much you think the labor cost may be?

Thank you,
Ryan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
wow Ryan, almost a year since your last post, how have you been able to get along so far since your last post in June?

Yes, there should be enough slack in the water lines and electrical and drain hose to pull it out.

Hiring someone to do it may be about $40-$80.

Jake