• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Noise from HDA3600H35WW Hotpoint Dishwasher Pump/Motor

jazzwineman

Premium Member
Model Number
HDA3600H35WW
Brand
Hotpoint
Just started today, but was hearing a whine from underneath the dishwasher. The cycle did run without a problem. Took off the front bottom access panel and the noise is coming from the pump motor. I understand the bearings can go bad after a point in time. I have had no leaks at all on this dishwasher. This is my dishwasher: https://www.repairclinic.com/ProductDetail/1448036?tab=diagrams
Several questions.
1. Is there anything I can lube in the bearing area to help the pump along the road? Is this a sleeve bearing or ball bearing that would allow for lubrication?
2. The replacement seemed pretty straight forward, with the electrical connections being just plug and play- is that correct?
3. The original equipment from GE is this at a cost of over $200. https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pump-And-Motor-Assembly/WD26X10051/1811038
4. Found this around the Internet and made by Choice Manufactured. Are these any good or has anyone had experience with them? There is a considerable price difference. Choice Parts WD26X10051 for GE Dishwasher Motor and Pump Assembly
5. Is there anyway to do this by just removing the access panel?
6. Is it pssoble that something could have gotten into that area and the pump/motor is hitting on something?

I appreciate your help and any advice on the install if you have done something similiar.

Thanks

Tom in Dallas/Plano

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

JMO!

Is there anything I can lube

Not really.

The replacement seemed pretty straight forward, with the electrical connections being just plug and play- is that correct?

Correct.

The original equipment from GE is this at a cost of over $200

Around there yes.

Found this around the Internet and made by Choice Manufactured. Are these any good or has anyone had experience with them?

A no-name part....some -can- be ok and many are -nightmares-!

Is there anyway to do this by just removing the access panel?

Possible yes, but things can be in the way and space would be limited.....pulling the unit out on it's back gives lots of access.

Is it pssoble that something could have gotten into that area and the pump/motor is hitting on something?

Yes, but normally doesn't whine....makes clicking or ticking noises.

ge-mechanism-s-s-wd26x10051-ap4980659_01_l.jpg
LINK> Motor and pump assembly kit

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.