• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Noisy Maytag MVWB835DW1 Bravos XL Washer

Dkeilholz

Premium Member
Model Number
MVWB835DW1
Brand
Maytag
Washer sounds awful when spinning. Based on other posts here and elsewhere that I need a new gear case W11455453. Just wanted to confirm the part number and get a link to the spanner wrench I will need to get the tub out. Thanks!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
whirlpool-nut-spaner-w10909670-ap6034206_01_l.jpg

Dkeilholz

Premium Member
Thanks Rick. I guess you are confirming that the one you listed a link to is the right parts for my model number. And thanks for the link to the nut itself. Do you have a link to the spanner tool?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
That's the correct gear case for your model. I don't have a link for the tool, just the nut.

Dkeilholz

Premium Member
Thanks. I bought the gear case locally and installed it tonight. So far, so good. Thanks for the info.

Dkeilholz

Premium Member
Thanks. Couple of suggestions/tips for anyone else doing this.
1. Using a car scissors jack works well to separate the tub from the spline shaft. Google it and you'll see what I mean.
2. I bought the spanner wrench to remove the spanner nut holding the tub to the spline shaft. Well worth the ~$10. Supposedly fits a lot of washer brands.
3. Remove the tub from the washer prior to moving it to a place to lay it down. Makes it a lot lighter to move.
4. The rubber seal on the new gear case fit tightly into the outer tub opening. I had to use the 4 bolts that thread into the outer tub to push the seal into the outer tub. Just go around the 4 bolts and tighten them in a star pattern to keep the seal from cocking.
5. When I re-installed the tub to the new spline, it didn't go all the way in. After some inspection, the spline is tapered. So the tip is to place the tub over the spline and rotate it until it falls onto the spline fully.
6. Dont over tighten the 4 bolts holding the gear case to the outer tub. They thread into plastic. You will strip them if you are too aggressive.