• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Non-Zephyr motor to fit Zephyr Venezia ZVE-E30 hood?

P-Dub

Premium Member
Model Number
ZVE-E30S
Brand
-major brand-
My hood blower fan motor is in its last days and I could use some help or advice. Zephyr tells me that my hood, which is labeled "ZVE-E30," actually is a "ZVE-E30S" and its motor no longer is manufactured. Also, they tell me, no other Zephyr motor will work, so I will need to replace the entire hood. This seems a little hard to believe--the hole to the duct is six inches in diameter and the plastic fan/motor housing is roughly nine inches in diameter, which doesn't seem uncommon--but for all I know, it might be true. What is true is that I haven't been able to find the original motor (12120007) or motor assembly kit (12130005) anywhere.

1. Does anyone know from experience whether a different motor, either by Zephyr or a different brand, would fit the bill? Or where one might find these elusive original parts?
2. If not, does anyone know what size bearings and o-rings I would need if I wanted to attempt my own repair? A different thread here suggests 626ZZ bearings and Danco #47 11/32" x 7/32" x 1/16" o-rings for a Venezia, but I don't know whether that's official or even would match mine, since there are so many different Venezia hoods on the market.

Many thanks for any advice!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
There might be a possibility of getting another motor but we would need detailed photos of the motor and of any numbers printed on the original motor. It is very unlikely you'll find a whole motor and fan assembly if the manufacture can't supply it. That is likely something unique to that manufacturer.

I don't repair motors so couldn't tell you anything about doing it. Service technicians replace parts when they're defective, not repair them. I doubt any of the other technicians that frequent the forums here can help you with that either.

There are motor shops that repair motors. I don't know if yours is repairable nor how much you'd be willing to pay for such a service.

Dan O.

P-Dub

Premium Member
Thanks for replying so quickly, Dan. I wasn’t really asking for help with motor repair, as much as I might need it—I figured someone might know whether a motor/fan combo made by a different company might fit into my existing hood. I’ll attach a picture of the disassembled unit but I don’t know if it will shed much light on the matter.

I did find, after my first post, that the bearings for my fan motor are 608ZC2, just in case that helps anyone else in my situation. While waiting to see if anyone knows whether another motor might work for me, I’m going to try my own repair. The alternative is replacing the entire hood, so to answer your question, even a very expensive repair might be worth it in my case.

Attachments

• A5B87228-DD0B-4ADC-A284-8C9BA1C48012.jpeg
    A5B87228-DD0B-4ADC-A284-8C9BA1C48012.jpeg
    431.9 KB · Views: 11

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
If the motor was a self contained unit, a replacement motor might be able to be found. If the motor housing is also part of the fan housing, that is unlikely to happen. The complete unit (motor and fan together) is likely unique to that brand so something from another brand is unlikely to be the same IMO.

Repair is likely the most best possibility.

Dan O.

P-Dub

Premium Member
Thanks, Dan. I'm waiting now for parts to be delivered and will see if I can remember where all the screws go so this motor can live again.