• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Not doing final spin

pastoralfred08@yahoo.com

Premium Member
Model Number
GLTF2940ES0
Brand
Frigidaire
GLTF2940ES0 not doing the final spin. Will rotate back and forth and time will count down but no spin. Can't open the door it locks. Spins fine in test mode. Don't want tobuy 3 parts before I get correct part that will solve the problem. To ohm out the tach on the motor from c5.5 to c5.4 what reading should I get etc. Please help

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Yes, the error code E47 means your door latch/lock assembly is bad.

Here's the door latch/lock switch for your model you can order:
Door Latch/Lock Switch Assembly 131763202

On this model its easiest to get to it from the top panel of your washer, take the top panel off then reach your arm down and pull it up, remove the electrical connectors to it. The electrical connectors may only allow you to pull it up a few inches until you remove them.

Jake

smuscanto

Premium Member
No final spin and Diagnostic test not working

Hi Jake,

I have Frigidaire GLTF2940 and the final spin is not working. On a previous post, you listed a repair manual which I downloaded. I also observed the drain function and water comes out with good pressure and volume. The solenoid on the door switch assy has a resistance of 1254 ohms which is within the repair manual spec of 1350 +/- 10%. I tried to run the diagnostic test on page 10 of the manual and I can't get it to work. I have a digital display on my model but there are no error codes displayed. What should I do next?

smuscanto

Premium Member
Here is an update:

I removed the top cover in anticipation of having to replace the control board. Under the cover I found the "Washer Tech Data Sheet" which explained how to run the test for this washer. After runnign the test I got an E47 error code. I measured the resistance again and this time I got 1131 ohms. I can definitely hear the solenoid working. Is it the control board I should replace?

KevinA

Appliance Tech
It seems the solenoid is engaging if you're unable to open the door. Internally to the switch you have a few small contacts that would check ok with an ohm meter, but apply current to them and it doesn't "read" well. I would heavily recommend replacing the switch.

smuscanto

Premium Member
I did and the washer now works. I wish this reply had come right after my post. I had to gamble. Fortunately it paid off.