FIXED Not running and the control panel only lights with all 8s (88.8) when pressing it

Rickm8811

Premium Member
Model Number
JFC2089HTB
Brand
Maytag
I have a mod JFC2089HTB by Maytag frig.
It will not run and the control panel only lights with all 8s (88.8) while you are pressing it
I tested the compressor and cond fan both work someone told me it was the control panel but before i spend $147.00 on the part i want to be sure
It is way too new to replace i want to fix it ..
any help would be cool thanks..Rick New Bern North Carolina

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, there has been some issues with both of these boards, on some the High Voltage Control board would fix this problem, then a few weeks later the display control board would go bad and visa-versa.

On some others just replacing the High Voltage board would solve it permanently and vise-versa with the display board. So I'd order both and wait about 2-3 weeks then if everything works fine, return the board you don't need for a full refund.

We have a 365 day full refund policy for any parts you purchase through our RepairClinic site links and banners.

#2(from the parts diagram above) just snaps in place, just unsnap it in the front with a flathead screwdriver.

This is your control board here:
User Control and Display Board W10207861 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
W10207861

It goes inside the refrigerator section in the upper temp. control console, its #5 here: 03-Controls parts for Jenn-Air JFC2089HTB

Here is the High Voltage Control Board, its located in the back of your refrigerator:
Main Control Board 12782036SP Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake

Rickm8811

Premium Member
Thanks Jake
I found that the hv board has a burnt spot on it and will replace it ASAP Low of funds from other repairs from hurricane Irene

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Rick, good job finding the HV board as being the problem.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It should be plug and play, if there is a program code, it will come with it.

Jake

Rickm8811

Premium Member
Hi Jake

I bought a hv board and installed it today

now i get a code freezer display PE0 and refrigerator display 000

any ideal what that means thanks....Rick

Rickm8811

Premium Member
also when i try to program the control pad will do nothing when i press it.......................... help liveing out of a cooler Thanks Rick

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thats odd, unplug it again for 5 minutes and see if you can input the code.

The most common codes are 00-07.

Control board troubleshooting docs are under the refrigerator in front after you remove the kickplate grille, and it talks about verifying the "Program Code" which is reportedly "located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code."

Also try these codes 0102 0101 0202

Jake

Rickm8811

Premium Member
Hi Jake the code is 0101 but the display will not change or do nothing no matter what i do or press do you think the display board is bad ???? Thanks Rick

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then it sounds like the display board is bad too.

Jake

Rickm8811

Premium Member
Hi Jake
I installed the new control display the same nothing works when pushing any button

What do you think??? I did order a new wire harness from RC the plug on j2 for the HV board is a little burnt I will install and see if it works......

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Its likely that plug then as well if its burnt too.

Other than that, I'm stumped as well.

Jake

Rickm8811

Premium Member
Hi Jake
I replaced the wire harness NO GOOD

But here is what i found out to fix it IT WAS NOT THE DOOR ALARM BUTTON IT WAS THE WATER FILTER RESET BUTTON when i got it programmed it started right up

I said i did not want to be a parts changer but it should last a long time before anything will fail as far as the boards go Thanks for your Replys i am sure i will be back to look around maybe i can help too

I am an A/C tech and a lazerwash 4000 tech ..................Rick New Bern North Carolina

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Rick.:)

Jake