• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Not sure how to reconnect the new control board I bought for my Koldfront portable air conditioner PAC8000S

stoopidmonkey

Premium Member
Model Number
PAC8000S
I have an older model 'koldfront' portable ac in which I have to replace the control board. That model PAC8000S takes A2516-590 control board. Its just that I didnt really pay attention a couple of the wires when I disconnected them. Most of the connectors can only go into one place but theres a couple of wires I forgot which way they went and I need a diagram. The black box in the middle had a black and red wire but there is 2 red wires and also 2 blue wires on the corner with a white wire. I don't want to put it on wrong and fry my new control board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't have the wiring diagram for this model. Usually all appliances come with wiring diagrams, look inside the unit for it.

If you can't locate it, contact Edgestar Toll Free: 1-866-319-5473 and ask them if they can email it to you.

Jake

stoopidmonkey

Premium Member
Thanks. Actually I found it on the side and the only thing I'm uncertain about is the 2 blue wires going to P3 and P4. No markings on the wires. Both blue but one looks like 12 and the others a 14 gage I guess, so I'm going to assume the one coming from a capacitor is the small one P3 and the other thicker blue wire must be the one from water motor P4 would you agree with that?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I wouldn't assume anything.:)

Its up to you, but if it was me I would definitely confirm that is correct before doing it.

Hopefully another tech. or member that's replaced this board and remembers how the wiring goes can confirm it for you.

Jake

stoopidmonkey

Premium Member
I actually found an online service manual via some miracle. I was trying to confirm the connections were right because I remembered at least one of the wires were in a different place than the sticker on the unit showed. Sure enough I compared the 2 diagrams and there was indeed a discrepancy. Exactly as I remembered the black wire from the power cord went to the 'com' on the vlack box on the control board.

The sticker showed it was connected to the terminal marked L which I knew was wrong and my suspicions were confirmed. Believe it or not one of them is lying and thankfully I remembered that it was not in the place the sticker showed it was. Wow

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, got it.(y)

Can you please upload the service manual so others can see this too?

Thanks!

Jake

stoopidmonkey

Premium Member
Here the first one is out of the service manual and the one on the right is the label on my ac unit.

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-03-09-14-34-34.png
    Capture+_2021-03-09-14-34-34.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 48
  • iMarkup_20210309_142334.jpg
    iMarkup_20210309_142334.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 48

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

Jake