FIXED NTW4500XQ0 Amana washer fill problem

tseibring

Premium Member
Model Number
NTW4500XQ0
Brand
Amana
I have a Amana washer that when you start to fill it, it just hums and spits water into the tub. So I checked the water pressure an it's fine. Then I checked the screens, they are clear. So I ordered a new water inlet valve. Still doing it. Where do I go from here? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange.

Does it do it on both HOT and COLD? and WARM?

Did you remove the fill hoses from the machine and check the water pressure coming out directly from the fill hoses, I get a bucket to catch the water in and see how the water pressure is coming out of the fill hoses directly.

Jake

tseibring

Premium Member
As I stated I checked the the pressure. I have a full stream of water coming from both hoses. I did try it on all three settings. The only thing I can think of is the new inlet valve is bad.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
it just hums and spits water into the tub. So I checked the water pressure an it's fine.
Sorry, I missed that, its been a very long and extremely busy week here locally in my area now that all the snowbirds are returning.

Wait, I just remembered another members washer doing the same thing in 2014, and I found that thread: FIXED: WTW5200VQ2 Whirlpool filling problem

He mentioned it sounded like a water hammering noise, but humming and spitting/sputtering water coming in can be the same noise.

Its your water temperature control switch.:)

His model and your model use the exact same water temperature control switch.:)

Here's the water temperature control switch for your model:
WPW10112532 Swtch-Temp

Jake

tseibring

Premium Member
That's what it's doing. If I keep moving the temp switch back and fourth from cold to warm, I can get it working after a while. Then if you walk away and come back later an try to wash, it starts doing it again. I order one and update you. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then the new water temperature control switch should fix it.:)

Yes, please keep us posted.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that tseibring.:)

Thanks for the update!

Jake