NTW4611BQ0 - Washer Only Agitates on Delicate

Joe Perch

Model Number
NTW4611BQ0
Brand
Amana
Hey guys,

I have been having some issues with my washer.

- It only agitates on the delicate cycle
- The washer fills, agitates, rinses, and spins perfect
- On any other cycle the washer fills, sounds like it tries to agitate for a few seconds, and then skips the wash cycle

Based on others I have researched with this issue a common problem is the control board. I checked all of the connections which looked good, and ended up replacing the control board. This did not fix the issue. I also pulled the agitator off to make sure no clothes were wedged between the base and the tub and everything looked good there. Flipping the machine over the belt seemed like it had good tension and everything spun freely clockwise and counter clockwise.

Would the motor be the next likely culprit? My understanding is that these motors have two different sets of windings for different speeds? Found one on eBay for $30. Anything else I should take a look at before I order that?

Thanks!
Joe

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi Joe, Before you replace anything it's best to check it first. You don't want to spend a lot of money if you don't need to. Since you already replaced the control board check the wires between the control and motor. Look for any pinched or broken wires. If the motor is getting the correct voltage and not running, replace it. A word of warning before you purchase a motor on eBay. Check the return policy. We had one member go through 3 motors before he got one that worked. $30 for a $140 motor is a red flag.

Drive Motor WPW10677715
Drive-Motor-WPW10677715-02007578.jpg

WPW10677715 Motor Asm
whirlpool-motor-drve-wpw10677715-ap6023743_02_m.jpg