• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED NX58H5600SS Samsung gas range SE error, none of the buttons are responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxhole555

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58H5600SS
Brand
Samsung
Hello, I'm having similar issues with my oven (NX58H5600SS). Yesterday I had, stupidly, put a damp towel on top and I think water got inside the display. It eventually came up with the SE error, none of the buttons were responding. I unplugged and plugged back in after a minute. It was okay but after an hour random beeps and buttons thought they were being pressed and then the SE error eventually came back. We left it unplugged all night and plugged it back in now. The same thing happened, i.e. after an hour it made random beeps. We've unplugged again.

What part would be the problem in this case? The keypad or the circuit board? I'm assuming water got in because of the towel but who knows, that could have been coincidence. This stove is ~2.5 years old.

Also, how would I even replace those parts? Are there instructions somewhere on how to disassemble this?

foxhole555

Premium Member
Forgot to add that when I can get the buttons to respond, before it starts doing stuff randomly and the SE error comes up, then the buttons do work properly. I could start and stop the oven, timer, set clock, etc. It's only the buttons don't respond after a while or they think they're being pressed and then SE error shows up.

If it's really water getting inside, should I just wait a few days (unplugged) and see if it dries out and fixes the problem?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
SE is a safety error and probably from the water. Disconnect the keytail from the CN201 connector on the board and check for any moisture inside.
CN201.jpg

foxhole555

Premium Member
My PCB doesn't look like that image but I'm assuming that's the ribbon from the keypad to PCB. I checked that last night and it was fine. Even tried the eraser trick and still messed up.

rickgburton

Staff member
Unfortunately I don't have the tech sheet or wiring diagram for that model. I did find this for a similar model:
SE error.jpg

foxhole555

Premium Member
what's the membrane wire harness? Overall, everything looked properly connected
How can I tell if something is shorted?

rickgburton

Staff member

foxhole555

Premium Member
i don't think i have a meter for testing. Would it be easier to just buy a new keypad and PCB and see if that works?

foxhole555

Premium Member
I just want to provide an update on this problem. It turned out the key pad was broken so a new key pad fixed the problem, not a new PCB. Which makes sense because when the buttons were responsive, everything worked as it should have. So it was just the buttons malfunctioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.