• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

NX58J5600SG/A Samsung gas range in demo mode

binderfan

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58J5600SG/A
Brand
Samsung
I have a new samsung gas range that is displaying a d on the display, I am guessing that means its in demo mode. I have contacted samsung which was a dead end because nobody has a clue how to get it out of demo mode, and there are no samsung techs within a 100 mile radius I am told. Can anyone out here help me out on this or do i throw the range in the scrap and buy a brand that is fixable. thank you in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I checked a service manual close your model and I didn't see a demo mode in it.

I live 100 miles west of Phoenix and there is no Samsung techs out here either, what you need to do since its under warranty call Samsung and tell them its not working and its new, by law they have to send a tech out or give you another new range.

Was this delivered to your house or did you pick it up at the store?

Jake

binderfan

Premium Member
i picked it up at a home depot store which I found out never buy any major appliance from them. they are no help. I did contact samsung and because there are no techs in my area and i guess it is against there policy to exchange gas ranges, they can only exchange electric ones. they have to refund my money and have it picked up for scrap which they said will take up 8 to 10 weeks.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then go to Lowe's or Sears/Sears Hometown and buy a new Whirlpool or Maytag range and it will be trouble free for many years to come!

Jake