NX58K3310SS Clock on Samsung Range resetting when burner turns on

Kalnory

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58K3310SS
Brand
Samsung
I went into the kitchen and noticed my clock blinking as if there were a power outage, except nothing else was blinking.
Later on that day when I went to cook something I heard a bell and when I looked up the clock was blinking again, this happened to me five or six times before I realized that when I turned on the burner of the stove it was resetting the clock, & a quick Google search showed me that I was not the only one this happened to- although on different Appliance brands. I called Samsung but they said if I couldn't recreate the problem with the technician at my house there was little they could do.. I called the appliance repair to see if they had heard of this problem and they have not...I reset the breaker.. I can't really pull the stove and unplug it because the plug is really short and it's at the bottom of the range..

Does anybody know what this is?

It doesn't happen every time only randomly

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Loose connection in the wiring or ground?

I realized that when I turned on the burner of the stove it was resetting the clock... Does anybody know what this is?
It may be a loose or bad connection in the wiring, either in the range or in the power supply to the range. The spark ignition system of the surface burners operate through the electrical ground. A short circuit in that wiring route could be making its way back to the electronic control causing it to reset.

Samsung said if I couldn't recreate the problem with the technician at my house there was little they could do.
That is true. All that could be done would be to check and/or retighten all connections in the wiring to the range (in the house fuse/breaker panel and at the wall outlet) and inspect and/or tighten the wiring connections (including grounds) in the range to the spark ignition system and to the electronic control.

I do not know the most likely locations a lose connection might occur. Sorry. Luckily, being a gas range electrical wiring inside the appliance should be minimal. Unluckily, you'd likely need an electrician to look at the house wiring and an appliance technician to look into the range side wiring. Few appliance technicians are licensed to work on house wiring.

JMO

Dan O.

Kalnory

Premium Member
This is a relatively new range- and rewired home which makes this all the more aggravating

I've seen people on other forums with similar problems on different Appliance Brands so I know I'm not the only one it seems an odd problem..
I had a heck of a time with the refrigerator I bought in this Appliance line as well- with the refrigerator coils freezing but that's another nightmare scenario and another forum.
But even if they saw the clock reset instead of my description of it happening I don't see why that would make any difference to their diagnosis.
At least they're willing to admit they just don't know what the problem is instead of trying to yes me to death for cash.. that something at least..

Last edited:

bigbuck

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Start with a Polarity Checker and make sure your ok that way first! Here how! Polarity Checker

[video=youtube_share;G2P67ZXEyXA]https://youtu.be/G2P67ZXEyXA[/video]

New electronics appliance don't like dot being wired right! I happen to have a service manual!
Also that Polarity Tester checks for proper Ground To! Very Important.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Intermittent problems

But even if they saw the clock reset instead of my description of it happening I don't see why that would make any difference to their diagnosis.
They just don't have to "see" it happen once, it has to be repeatable so they know when they correct it. If it was an intermittent issue, they could never be sure if what they did fixed it or it just happened to go away temporarily... until the next time.

Intermittent problems are the hardest to isolate and correct. Often an appliance may need to be used until it finally craps out and the condition occurs consistently so it can be found.

Dan O.