NX58K9850SG/AA Samsung convection fan making a terrible noise

colbran

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58K9850SG
Brand
Samsung
Well, Samsung oven sat here for awhile before we finally got our house finished and the appliances put in place. Technically, it's a titch over a year old, but I haven't had it installed near a year yet. The convection fan is hitting on something. When I open the door and the fan slows, I can hear it ping on something.

I have the single door that can be two doors if the divider is installed in the oven, so I'm currently only using the upper part of the oven (if that makes sense). I don't think it matters, frankly, top or bottom at this point. I think it would make noise regardless. Anyone else with this problem?

We are extremely tentative to remove it from its spot because they had a heck of a time getting it placed on the granite....Hopefully there's a way to check for the problem without having to pull it all the way out. Either that, or I won't use it anymore and just stick with the regular gas oven heating. Appreciate any help you can give me.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The parts breakdown shows two convection fans. I need the rest of the model number.

colbran

Premium Member
According to my receipt, the model # is NX58K9850S, Samsung gas range 30" slide-in, flex duo gas sma. That's literally all I have on the sheet....

One more place says NX58K9850SG, so adds a G after the S.

rickgburton

Staff member

rickgburton

Staff member
I still show an upper and lower convection fans. You'll just need to pull the covers and get a good light and see where it's hitting. #23 and #24 are the covers:
50047231-00001.jpg

colbran

Premium Member
It is definitely the upper fan, because that's the part I was using. I had the divider in and I was running the upper unit. It would be interesting to just run the lower unit and see if that one did it as well. I have that option. I assume the stove will have to be pulled out to access all of this?

rickgburton

Staff member
I think you can access it from the inside of the oven. Remove the cover and try it.

colbran

Premium Member
I think you can access it from the inside of the oven. Remove the cover and try it.
Would it surprise you if I told you I banged on the back surface today when it started making that noise and it quit? I'm wondering if the LP guy doing my installation may have dropped a screw into there?? Hasn't made a noise since I did that....

rickgburton

Staff member
When it comes to Samsung appliances, nothing surprises me anymore. Maybe you fixed it.

colbran

Premium Member
When it comes to Samsung appliances, nothing surprises me anymore. Maybe you fixed it.
Yeah, those words aren't something I look forward to since I bought the entire suite for my new kitchen. Kitchen Aid would have been my second choice, but anymore, IDK who is the best choice. Things just aren't made like they used to be, unfortunately!

AuntyPasto

Sounds like the same exact oven I bought, in fact, same scenario. Bought and had for a while before it was hooked up. AND, I too bought the entire SAMSUNG kitchen suite- Repair man took cover off fan, stuck screwdriver in between blades and twerked it to bend the blades. I jumped up and said “HEY!, NO!” He said I didn’t do that. I said OK enough of that. Good-bye. Now waiting on another Tech to return. Svc Cntr claim no other repair place near me (last one came from 1hr+ away) Alright, so same issue fan is so loud you cannot talk in kitchen. As soon as it heats up it starts with the noise. Stop and go, stop and go the entire time. Any other ideas because I don’t think I’d know where to bang the back and hope for a fix, that was some luck the last person had here 🥴