• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED NX58R4311SS/AA Samsung Gas Oven - bake/broil and oven light do not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erikhall

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58R4311SS/AA
Brand
Samsung
Our NX58R4311SS/AA Samsung gas oven/range is almost 2 years old. First noticed the oven not heating in bake mode yesterday. Luckily a neighbor let us bake a cake in their oven! (Happy Birthday Grandma!) Today I am searching forums, preparing to debug and find the problem. I haven't found any threads with my exact issue.

The oven light will not come on, the boil igniter will not fire up. The bake igniter will not fire up. Range functions are all fine. The control panel reads like it is telling oven functions to operate, but nothing happens.

All oven functions appear dead. Based on what I am seeing - I would guess it is a control board, or other wiring short. I'd love to fix this myself, but will call out a repairman if needed. Your forum was very informative, and had helpful responses. Any pointers or diagnostic advice would be appreciated!

Erikhall

Premium Member
Update: I started running through Samsung's basic trouble shooting, the first of which is unplug it or flip the circuit breaker off for 30 sec. Turns out this worked, and everything is functioning again. I am quite surprised by this, as the thing had power, the whole range top and control panel functioned normally. Only oven related things weren't working. I guess these things are as much computers as appliances these days.

"turn it off and turn it back on again."

Question: Am I likely at the beginning of a fail cycle, or could it have just been some power fluctuation fluke that required a reset?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I started running through Samsung's basic trouble shooting, the first of which is unplug it or flip the circuit breaker off for 30 sec. Turns out this worked, and everything is functioning
Glad to hear doing a hard reset fixed it.(y)

Question: Am I likely at the beginning of a fail cycle, or could it have just been some power fluctuation fluke that required a reset?
Thanks a good question, if it keeps happening, then its usually a worn out breaker in your home breaker box to the range.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.