• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

NX58R5601SS/AA Samsung Gas Range Touchpad/Control Panel Blank

TimPR

Premium Member
Model Number
NX58R5601SS/AA
Brand
Samsung
Model Number -- NX58R5601SS/AA SS Gas Range -- the Control panel is completely blank and unresponsive after a power outage. Range hood on same circuit works fine, and the top burners all ignite perfectly. Should I replace the PCB and/or the keypad? Which one first or just do both? And which part number do in need?
Thanks in advance, been a great stove up till now.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Tim,

Yes, it sounds like that control display panel assembly went out with that power outage.

Here's the control display panel assembly for your model: DG92-01107A

Jake

TimPR

Premium Member
New Control panel arrived, installed in mere moments... Nothing. Does that single out the keypad itself? Or is there something else the could have failed? Top burners still work perfectly - no lights/response at all on the touch pad panel... Which Key pad part number do I need.

Tim

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd Tim, that should of fixed it. Check to see if you are getting power to it at all.

I can't locate the schematics for this model, but all ranges come with them, look underneath the range for it, or in the back of the range for it, then you should see what terminal's get the main power to it.

Jake

TimPR

Premium Member
Presuming I can find the schematic, how do I test? Continuity? Voltage? Another thought as well, when I open the oven door, the oven light does not switch on, so there is really no power to the oven at all - but the top burners work fine, so what does that indicate?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Voltage test TO the control panel, you should see the main power that comes into it from the electrical supply line.

Another thought as well, when I open the oven door, the oven light does not switch on, so there is really no power to the oven at all - but the top burners work fine, so what does that indicate?
That's extremely odd, seems like a electrical problem to me.

Do a hard reset on your home breakers to the range. Meaning turn the breaker completely OFF to the range, then back ON.

With this odd issue, Its probably better to Contact Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG (726-7864) to out and see what's going on.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.