• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

NY58J9850WS/AA Samsung Range - No oven heat

lobster

Premium Member
Model Number
NY58J9850WS
Brand
Samsung
Greetings, I have a NY58J9850WS/AA that stopped heating the internal elements. I have tested the thermisters for both top and bottom and they are reading fine. I have tested the oven switches and divider switch and they are fine. Power to the terminals is 240 and 120-120 are both all good. The control panel works fine, the igniters however are not working on the range. I have a code of dc0 which according to all the tech info I can find says it is the divider switch, but it definitely works. I am thinking this has to be the PCB? Anyplace else that I should check before doing the PCB? I also attached a technical manual for this model if it would be handy for someone in the future.

Thanks

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
the igniters however are not working on the range.
I must be missing something. The igniters for the surface burners? The oven is electric and doesn't have igniters.
I have a code of dc0 which according to all the tech info I can find
I don't see that code anywhere??

lobster

Premium Member
This is a dual fuel oven, propane burner with each burner has an igniter. Well, when I had it all apart I heard my son telling my wife that he had moved the tub a bit because a tech deck skateboard toy flew behind it. I buttoned it up and it works fine. The plug outlet has a bad cover that is on the floor not on the wall and it fits a little loose, likely wiggled it enough to cause symptoms like I had. I appreciate the reply, I am sure I will be back when the next appliance goes TU on me. The DC code is for the divider between the upper and lower ovens according to the tech manual I posted.

Thanks man, again I appreciate your reply.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, I'm glad to hear that it's now working but I have one question. I understand it's dual fuel. The top surface burners are gas and the oven is electric. So what do the igniters for the surface units have to do with the oven not heating?? I see the "dC" error, what I don't see is the "dc0". Was that a misprint??

lobster

Premium Member
During the cycle of troubleshooting the igniters for the surface burners were not working. When I put the oven into the error code mode it said dc0, the guide that I have says it is related to the divider switch between the upper and lower oven.

Attachments