• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Old Montgomery Ward Freezer parts

CDoble

Premium Member
:confused: I have an old Montgomery Ward Signature Deluxe Eighteen Chest Freezer that is in need of repair. Everything seems to be working fine on it except the top, where the insulation is, fills up with ice. I am down to very little insulation left and the top is held in place by very few white plastic clips. The model number is 8838 with 18.5 cubic feet of freezer space.

Can I get spare parts for this? I would like to get the inside panel of the top, white clips, seal, and insulation.

Please advise.

Thanks, Cory.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Cory,

There should be more to that model#. Like FFT in of 8838?

Jake

CDoble

Premium Member
I double checked the model number and only 8838 is listed. I don't see any letters before, after, or in the middle of the model number. I can take a picture of the sticker if you would like?

Regards

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I believe you.

Since Montgomery Ward went out of business in 2001, its going to be extremely difficult to find any parts for your model online. So the next best thing to do is go to your local appliance parts store in your area and ask them if you can look-up the parts diagram for your model and see if they still even make the parts you need.

Other than that, you could go to used appliance shops in your area and see if they have any freezers that matches yours that you could get parts of their's.

Jake