Older Avanti ignition parts help

tgr23

Premium Member
Model Number
DG24CW-1
Brand
-major brand-
I've got a 24 inch Avanti, model # DG24CW-1. The ignitor is not working on the stove top or the oven. Any idea where I can get the part, #10160404? Or do you think it might be something else?

Thanks!
Travis

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
tgr23 said:
The ignitor is not working on the stove top or the oven.
Did all functions start acting up at the same time?

tgr23 said:
Any idea where I can get the part, #10160404?
Is that the spark module?

If so, has anyone confirmed power is it getting to it when one of the burners is turned on?

Can you post a picture of the original part showing all the numbers printed on it? Someone might be able to trace those numbers if they can't trace the stated part number.

Dan O.

tgr23

Premium Member
The igniters all stopped at once. The oven light still comes on, as do all the other functions. Stove had not been moved either. I'm def jumping to a conclusion here though. Looks like I'd have to do some disassembly to check power and since this unit is in a rental I'm hesitant to take it apart without having parts on hand.

Thinking I might just have to replace this unit if it's this hard to find parts. I pulled that part number from the attached pdf.

Attachments

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
tgr23 said:
I pulled that part number from the attached pdf.
With that number you can try asking Avanti if it's available.

I can't trace that number. I would need to see what is in there currently and it's numbering to see if a replacement or alternative can be found... if it is even the cause.

Dan O.

tgr23

Premium Member
Thanks Dan. I called Avanti and they had nothing. The parts companies they recommended didn't either.