• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Oven/range top/display not working LG LRE3061ST/00

KristinMarie

Model Number
LRE3061ST/00
Brand
LG
Hello!
Yesterday whole cooking dinner I tried to preheat the oven and it never got up to temperature. After about 20 minutes of waiting and trying to cancel and restart multiple times, I noticed that the range top also was not working properly. It started to heat, but never got hot enough to boil. I turned everything off, and then the display just shut off and nothing worked. I checked the oven sensor. It is bad. There do no seem to be any visual issues with the control board. Would the sensor cause all of the above problems? I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Normal for the oven sensor would be 1050 to 1100 ohms at room temperature.

Here's the oven sensor for your model(Video included in part link to remove and replace it):
EBG61305805 Thermistor, Ptc

Would the sensor cause all of the above problems?
I noticed that the range top also was not working properly. It started to heat, but never got hot enough to boil. I turned everything off, and then the display just shut off and nothing worked.
Not likely, sounds like you have another problem too. Check your power cord electrical connector to make sure your getting 240 volts constantly.

Put your multimeter leads on both ends(OUTER TERMINALS) of the range terminal block(where your power cord connects to it), it should read 240 volts.

Remember Black & Red on the ends are HOT, White in the middle is NEUTRAL.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.