• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Oven will not bake! but broiler works???

reannabee

Premium Member
Model Number
9825xub
Brand
Magic Chef
I have replaced the bake element on this oven and it worked for about 5 to 10 uses and then stopped working again. If I turn the oven to bake it only burns the bottom the top doesnt get hot, but if it is turned to broil the top will glow and get hot. Please help!

Thanks!

reannabee

Premium Member

Here is a pic of the tag because the only Model number that I see is the 9825XUB

IMG_20120206_174439.jpg

Thanks Again!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK I got it, sorry. If you replaced the bake element and it only worked a few times, I would check the wiring and wire connections. One side of the bake and broil element is connected to the supply voltage and the other side comes from the oven control board. If the element and wire connections test good you'll probably have to replace the control board. Unfortunately the control board has been permanently discontinued by the manufacturer. The part number is 7601P281-60.

reannabee

Premium Member
OK I got it, sorry. If you replaced the bake element and it only worked a few times, I would check the wiring and wire connections. One side of the bake and broil element is connected to the supply voltage and the other side comes from the oven control board. If the element and wire connections test good you'll probably have to replace the control board. Unfortunately the control board has been permanently discontinued by the manufacturer. The part number is 7601P281-60.

Can you tell me how to check the wiring & wire connections? Do I need to pull the oven out of the wall and check from the back or do I pull the element out and check it from there? & How do I tell if they are bad?

Thank you!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Just check that all the wires are still where they're suppose to be and all the connections are tight. It would be easier to check the control board for the proper voltage with your VOM or DMM.