• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Over the Range Microwave No power after transporting

buyinit

Premium Member
Model Number
WMH32519CW
Brand
Whirlpool
No power after the unit was loaded in SUV and taken to our house. The unit is like new and was tested and working fine before moving it. Installed over the range and no power upon plugging in. Outlet tests good and tried in another outlet as well. Main fuse is ok. Any help is much appreciated.

Trying to replace 10 year old Hotpoint that lost power mid cycle and replaced fuse and it blew too.

Last edited:

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

What did you take off to install it?
Bottom, consol, ?
Time to check for any off wires that may have accidentally come off during the install or transport.

jeff.

buyinit

Premium Member
Didn't take of anything. Then when it was not working, I took of front top cover control panel, and metal plate to reach the fuse. That all.

jeff1

Staff member
Fuse, fuse holder ( line filter ), oven cavity thermostat are things that can make the whole thing go dead.

WMH32519CW
This is part of a full model#.

Tech sheet for an WMH32519CW0

jeff.

buyinit

Premium Member
pushed on all of the wiring connections, re-seated fuse and plugged it back up to workbench outlet again and it is working. Now I have moved it to otr outlet and it beeps and loses power. It works fine plugging into another kitchen outlet. It appears that OTR outlet is somehow bad. Getting that outlet checked/replaced by electrician to be safe.

jeff1

Staff member
Outlet tests good and tried in another outlet as well.
Now I have moved it to otr outlet and it beeps and loses power. It works fine plugging into another kitchen outlet. It appears that OTR outlet is somehow bad.
These things are just sent to try our patience! ;)

jeff.

buyinit

Premium Member
The outlet did test good when I plugged in a lamp. It turns out the outlet was randomly working. I saw a spark on the side wire of the outlet so turned off the breaker and re-screwed it. The bottom plug is working fine now. However, the top plug won't even let us plug into it.

The new microwave is installed and working well. If we have trouble again, I guess I will replace the outlet. The original old microwave still is not working and to add to the confusion, another kitchen counter breaker tripped.

Described the issue as best we could but in hindsight, what we were seeing and describing definitely made it hard to troubleshoot. Thanks Jeff for your assistance.