• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PCS968SR1SS GE Profile Electric Range - ALL COOKTOP ELEMENTS / BURNERS NOT WORKING!

JM1010

Premium Member
Model Number
PCS968SR1SS
Brand
GE
Oven and Broil elements work fine. Wall outlet delivers 240V. Range 240v Receiver harness very solid.
When turning on an element, the "warm light" is ON so each switch gets power. What could be causing this?
Could it be a cooktop relay? Thanks for the help!

JM1010

Premium Member
After more analysis, there seemed to be a normally closed cooktop relay that is causing problems. In any event as soon as it is energized it becomes open. I disconnected the control side of the relay and the cooktop works again. I assume I have to replace it. If anyone knows its purpose and why it becomes open when energized please let me know. Thanks in advance. Jean

JM1010

Premium Member
Did not get any reply but I think I figured it out. The relay which turns off power to all the top elements seems to be wired to the oven door. I assume it's to prevent using the elements during self cleaning. Anyway nothing wrong with the relay, it's probably the door switch that is stuck 'closed'. Sharing in case it help others with the same problem.