PDT750SS8FSS - Everything looks and sound fines, but no water

imapedestrian

Premium Member
Model
PDT750SS8FSS
Brand
GE
I have struggled with this dishwasher for a few years now. The drain and the air gap have given me trouble a few times a year. Recently it stopped working, pulled out the coat hanger and shop vac, cleaned and vacuumed the drain and air gap. Worked a few times, now it is doing the same thing...it will light up and it will run, meaning you can hear it doing stuff and it will complete a cycle but there is no water at all. I clean out the filter and ultrafine filter, banged on the flood sensor, got in and vacuumed drain, but still nothing. I do not want to call a repair man...please help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

PDT750SS8FSS does not pull up as good, please recheck it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Still nothing.

Take a photo of your model number tag and upload it here.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, I was able to pull it up now.

I'd first ohm test the flood switch, this has been a very common part to fail with issues of no water/water not heating, etc.

Check your flood switch resistance with a multimeter set on 20,000 ohms per post #2 here: FIXED: GE GDT580SSF0SS issues - not washing properly - not heating water.

the resistance across pins 3 & 5 on the flood switch should be about 11K ohms at room temp, and 1,300 ohms at 175 degrees.
Yours uses the exact same flood switch:
WD21X10519 Switch Flood Asm

I did locate the service manual, and page 60 explains about it, page 61 shows and tells you how to remove/replace it: Dropbox - 31-9233 GE 2014 Dishwasher Technical Service Guide.pdf

Jake

imapedestrian

Premium Member
Thx Jake,

Like I stated before, I have had issues with this model in the past, but what is unusual this time is that the washer makes noises as if it is operating...just no water. If the flood switch is OK what would be your next idea? I'm at work so if when I test the ohm and it is fine I'd like to try something else...anything but call a technician...

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Page 63 here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KoF3e7ZqtKz-9PZd6F6Gqr_6-q0kkXIo

Check for 13.5 Volts DC at water inlet valve. If you have 13.5 Volts DC, then your water inlet valve is bad.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
WD15X22948 Valve Water Asm

If you DO NOT have 13.5 Volts DC then Access main control board, locate connector J711, check resistance from harness Pin 1 WR to Pin 2 SX, 32 Ohms?

Here's the main control board for your model: WD21X24802 Machine Control

Here's the video that shows you how to remove the cover to access the main control board: Main control board access video

Jake