FIXED PDT750SSF2SS GE Dishwasher not heating water (flood switch replaced)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then it has to be the wire harness per the NOT HEATING flowchart we went over.

Here's the wire harness for your model: WD21X22275

Unfortunately its out-of-stock everywhere I've checked.

How hot is the water coming into the dishwasher when you first start the machine? Do you run the hot water at the sink first before starting the dishwasher, so it can flush all the cold water out first?

Jake

gps470

Premium Member
Actually let me take back what I said in the last reply. The service mode doesn’t heat the water ! Something I found out after giving the express dishwash cycle a try just to do something different. It was heated inside after that but I am still puzzled why the heater check not works in Service mode. I have another issue now at hand. I cannot put back the complete dishwasher in lol all flush. But regardless I was able to fit in reasonably to continue the normal day to day usage till I find someone who can fit it back in. Overall I replaced the flood switch and the motor. However I am still not sure if replacing just the flood switch alone would have fixed the issue as I didn’t try a normal wash cycle after replacing it I believe. Regardless I don’t want to take out anything working again to jinx it haha. Thanks Jake. You have been very helpful.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You said you were getting 119 volts when we did the flowchart check.

So the control board is putting the voltage out to the heater.

I need to know: How hot is the water coming into the dishwasher when you first start the machine? Do you run the hot water at the sink first before starting the dishwasher, so it can flush all the cold water out first?

Jake

gps470

Premium Member
Yes you are right. I remember the 119 volt check. I just didn’t try the wash cycle after that which could have saved the motor replacement - I just don’t know.

For your other question : I always run the sink first for a min or so when starting the dishwasher.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you'll need to have GE come out to see what's going on.

I don't know what else it could be. It told us to order and replace the motor and you did and so something else is failing

Jake

gps470

Premium Member
I should have been clearer. It’s working fine now. I did a proper wash cycle with dishes in and it’s heating and drying (Only that dishwasher is not a snug fit).

However in the service mode, it was not heating the water with both the motors I have : brand new one which is in right now as well as the Ebay one. So I am not sure if the motor I got from eBay was a dud or not as I didn’t try a full wash cycle with that.

Hope that clarifies.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok got it! that clears it up, I was misunderstanding!

Thanks, glad it's working great!

Thanks for the update!

Jake