• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED PDT825SSJ0SS GE Dishwasher beeps 3 times will not start

Bryan.K

Premium Member
Model Number
PDT825SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
First off thank you in advance for all of your help.

I've done a fair amount of research on this issue with the most comprehensive information coming from a thread related to this issue on your site last year. https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...ishwasher-beeps-3-times-will-not-start.73143/

I believe that the issue lies within the door latch part# WD21X10490 but would like confirmation before placing the order.

Context:
-Issues starter 2 weeks go
-When attempting to start center front facing light blinks (ember color) and system chimes 3 times
-All lights blink when I run in diagnostic mode (both open and shut)
-Control board LED is solid green
-I attempted to firmly press and hold door in different position and still throw's error

1624386237923.png

I believe this error is associated with door ajar and believe that it is probably just a bad latch but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Bryan, You will need to ohm test the door latch switch to determine if its bad.

Here's the machine control board for your model:

Here's the door latch switch for your model:
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake

Bryan.K

Premium Member
So went into error mode and system flashed which indicated door ajar when open and shut. Do double check I went to the control board and removed the J711 connector and tested the wires which came back as they should have (open - infinite, closed - zero). I reconnected everything and tested in error mode again and presto everything worked at it should, door open UI LEDs blink, door closed UI LEDs solid.

Guessing that maybe it was a case of the connector being lose...who knows but as of now everything is back and working. Thank you for all of our help Jake, you can adjust the status of this post to fixed and if it acts up again I now know how to further trouble shoot it and know the parts to purchase to replace if needed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Bryan, sounds good, hopefully it was just a loose connection.

Yes, come back if it starts doing the same thing again.

Jake