• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PDT825SSJ0SS GE Dishwasher lights up, blinks, beeps, doesn't start

Petro91

Premium Member
Model Number
PDT825SSJ0SS
Brand
GE
I have a GE Dishwasher PDT825SSJ0SS that was working fine. When I try to run it, the orange light blinks, beeps and the dishwasher never starts/ I read several your posts about similar issues.

I tested the door by holding Cycle Select and Start for 5 seconds, etc.

I checked the control board and its not steady off or steady on. The control LED on the board is continuously blinking, about 1 time ever 2.5 seconds.

Do I need a new board or is it something else?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
1x per 3 seconds: Dishwasher in not running a cycle. Select a cycle and press Start.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Do I need a new board or is it something else?
Lets ohm test the door latch first. If the door latch ohm tests good, then the machine control board is the culprit.

Here's the machine control board for your model:

Here's the door latch switch for your model:
WD21X10490 Latch Switch

Follow the directions here:
LatchSwitch.png

Door closed: 0 ohms.
Door open: infinite ohms.

Let us know what you find. Make sure you disconnect power to the dishwasher before ohm testing.

Jake

Petro91

Premium Member
Ok, thank you both for your response. I am not a professional, just a home owner that tries to figure out things on his own. Ha.

I wouldn't know how to use an ohm meter after I bought one.

2 Questions:

1. So the blinking light doesn't indicate anything in particular one way or another?

2. Should I just buy both parts and install the door switch first and try it. If that doesn't work replace the board?

Thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
So the blinking light doesn't indicate anything in particular one way or another?
1x per 3 seconds: Dishwasher is not running a cycle. Select a cycle and press Start.

Should I just buy both parts and install the door switch first and try it. If that doesn't work replace the board?
No. That method of appliance repair will get very expensive, very fast. The first thing you need to do is get a DMM (Digital-Multi-Meter). A good one costs about $25. You can pick one up at any of the home centers or Walmart. It will probably take you less than 15 minutes to figure out how everything works. You'll find it be the most valuable tool in your tool box. It pays for itself with the first repair. It comes in handy for a lot more than just appliance repair.

FYI- My mom can use one. She's 94.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Watch this video too:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime Rick!

Jake