• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED PDT825SSJ2SS GE Dishwasher that went out

Status
Not open for further replies.

msheikh25

Premium Member
Model Number
PDT825SSJ2SS
Brand
GE
Also have a PDT825SSJ2SS that went out. First time, about a week ago, resetting from the breaker turned it back on but this time it seems to be out for good. Troubleshooting I did so far is to check the service LED which is a steady on. So I'm checking the voltage on the board to see if it is the board or the UI that is bad. I get a reading of 14 but it doesn't seem to be steady. It is kind of hard to get down there and keep my hands steady but should it be pretty easy for the reading to stay on a constant 14? If so, I'm guessing my board is bad and needs to be replaced and not the UI?

Also while messing with it to check the reading, it came back on (I could hear a fan(?) noise and the light on the front came on and was orange but no lights or any response from the buttons on top still). After turning off the power, it is back to being completely off with just the solid LED on the control board on.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The UI operational voltage is output from the main control on connector J722 pin 2 black/green to pin 5 yellow/blue.

Snapshot_2 (1).jpg

If you DO get 13.5 to 14 Volts DC, then order and replace the UI Board.

Here's the UI Board for your model you can order:

You can use the safety pin trick on your meter leads Rick posted to make sure your getting good contact.:)

safety pin 500x250.jpg

Jake

msheikh25

Premium Member
Should I be testing on the board or entering the pins into the female connector underneath where the male connector from the door goes? The pins marked on the board picture are what I was trying to use but don't see j722 written anywhere... hopefully that is correct?

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You check the voltage on the pins itself on the other side of the board where the door wire harness hooks up to it.:)

Click the photo below. It's the one on the left above the ethernet port.

Jake

Attachments

msheikh25

Premium Member
Oops :). I tried to get a reading from the connector on the bottom, under the board but it is way to difficult to get down there as there is no slack on the wiring connected to the main board. Even tried with safety pins but couldn't get it working. Since I am getting a reading of 14 VDC from the top connectors (even though I can't keep it steady), I'm hoping the main board is good and went ahead and ordered the UI board. Most of the issues I'm noticing others are having with this model seem to be with the UI board so odds are that is what it is. I'll post an update after I get it installed and hopefully working. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, yes the new UI Board should fix it.:)

Remember when you get the new UI Board it will come with the instruction sheet to set the jumpers. You must set the jumpers for the new UI Board to work.:)

Jake

msheikh25

Premium Member
Installed the new UI board and we're back in business! There were a couple of things a bit different for this model than the UI board replacement instructions video that I followed (seems to be the only one out there). You cannot completely remove the bottom hinges on the bottom of the door, instead just need to remove the two inner screws and then remove the T25 screws on each side of the door (see picture). Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I see that.

Excellent, glad to hear the new UI Board fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.