PFCS1NFCASS GE Refrigerator Tech Data Sheet

B Allen

Premium Member
Model Number
PFCS1NFCASS
Brand
GE
I am working on a GE Refrigerator, model: PFCS1NFCASS, about 4 yrs old. Customer complaint, "it stopped working". Made call this morning and observed odd display at the Control Panel in the refrig section. Nothing running, except hearing the Damper Motor engage. While checking things over, after about 10 minutes, the Condenser Fan Motor started and ran. Compressor did not, no power to compressor. Pulled the "start pack" and checked compressor windings. Found 6.8 ohms on both the Start & Run windings. Noticed the "start pack" is a solid state device (PCB) on an Embraco compressor. So, now I am at in impass. Can't find a Tech Data Sheet for this refrig. So, does some one have one, that they could send or have a link to get one ??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Your welcome, let us know how it goes.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:

The strange thing is the inverter #871 is not even listed as a part in the parts list, I've checked several other part sites too, non list the inverter as a part you can order.

Jake

B Allen

Premium Member
Finally got back to job site. Customer out of town on business. All I did a couple of weeks ago was unplug the inverter to take some compressor winding resistance readings, and put everything back together. It has worked since.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Interesting, maybe it was a loose connection?

Let's see how long it continues to work if it wasn't a loose connection.:)

Jake