FIXED PFCS1RKZASS GE Refrigerator Ice maker - moving blade crusher snapped

LisaB

Model Number
PFCS1RKZASS
Brand
GE
My ice maker decided to stop making crushed ice a couple of weeks ago. Ice cubes were coming out fine. But I still tried crushed ice every time before switching to cubes. Today I did the same and this time cubes decided to be a problem. I removed the bucket and saw cubes in the chute - when I pushed them through, out came a piece of what I believe is one of the moving blade crushers. This is the middle moving blade crusher. (pictures attached)
What I am not sure of is:
1. Which exact part number is this? 329 (WR17X12990), 328 (WR17X12989) or 326 (WR17X12988) are all listed as moving blade crushers but on the GE site 326 and 328 are $6.50 and 329 is $60.50. (I think it is 328 (WR17X12989)).
2. Will replacing this blade "fix it"? I am wondering if there is something else wrong that caused the blade to snap in the first place that also needs addressed.

I dumped all of the cubes to find the broken blade. I am waiting for it to fill again to see if crushed and/or cubes work with the broken blade.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Lisa,

Which exact part number is this?
There's no way to know until you disassemble it.

Will replacing this blade "fix it"?
Possibly, but something may have caused the blade to break like that.

If I was you I'd just order the complete ice container/blades assembly just to be on the safe side.:)

Also taking these apart and lining the blades back up is a nightmare to say the least.

Here's the complete assembly:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sounds good Lisa.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Lisa, glad to hear that.:)

Thanks for the update!