• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PFE28KMKEES GE Fridge is cooling but too warm and bottom drawer is freezing

whoppr

Premium Member
Model Number
PFE28KMKEES
Brand
GE
I have a PFE28KMKEES refrigerator/freezer. It is definitely cooling but not enough in most of the areas. The bottom drawer has food that is freezing. I did a little reading and I think a common cause is a condenser fan? I found two fans, WR60X23363 and WR60X10342 in the parts diagram (there may be another).

I do not know where all the cooling vents are, but there are two in the front near the front left door. The bottom one is blowing cool air, but the top one has nothing coming out. Is the top vent maybe blocked? Separate fan? Something else?

Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
The condenser fan motor is on the outside of the refrigerator, in the very back where the compressor is.

Pull the refrigerator out from the wall and remove the lower back access panel and get a flashlight or droplight and see if the Condenser Fan is running.

Here's the condenser fan motor for your model:
WR60X23363 Fan Gasket Asm

The evaporator fan motors are inside above the evaporator coils.

Do you hear them both running? One in the refrigerator, one in the freezer. On some models you have to press the door switch in with the door open to hear them running inside.

Here's the refrigerator evaporator fan motor for your model:
Refrigerator Evaporator Fan Motor WR60X26866

Jake

whoppr

Premium Member
Jake,

At least one of them is running. When I open the left door and press in the door switch, I can hear it kick on. It is not obvious from the parts diagram, but there are two vents that blow behind the door shelves. When I press the door switch, the upper vent now blows cool air. It is the one that I mentioned above that was not blowing. When the door switch is pressed it then works.

W

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.