• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED PFE29PSDBSS GE Refrigerator Compressor Not Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
3rd board's a charm? I know it sounds hard to believe, but it doesn't surprise us. We've seen this happen many times. OK, here it is in black and white, and as they say, straight from the horse's mouth...LOL
I marked the important parts.

Snapshot_1.jpg

Snapshot_2.jpg

JacobJHofer

Premium Member
We put a oscilloscope on the low voltage wires on the inverter and when we started the compressor up in service mode the Pulses changed
the ohm reading between the compressor pins is 6.9 to 7.0 ohms according to the paper that is low

rickgburton

Staff member
...... when we started the compressor up in service mode the Pulses changed the ohm reading between the compressor pins
I don't see how that's possible. You should never measure resistance when the machine is powered.

rickgburton

Staff member
Too low. Inverter voltage is supplied from the board. GE says it should be 4-6 VDC and if you only have 2.6 I have to conclude the board is bad. Wouldn't you agree? 7Ω between any too pins on the compressor (wires removed) seems too low but if you have the same resistance for all measurements it's probably OK.

rickgburton

Staff member
The inverter only gets 6 VDC from the board and it's not even getting that right now. Did you replace the 2nd board?

Status
Not open for further replies.