• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PFE29PSDCSS Refrigerator not cooling, freezer and drawer cooling fine

sethbest

Premium Member
Model Number
PFE29PSDCSS
Brand
GE
Hi I have a 2014 GE Refrigerator. The refrigerator won't get under 65 degrees F, but the freezer and temp controlled drawer are staying perfectly cooled.

Model- PFE29PSDCSS
Serial- MA513614

I've read a bunch of posts of similar models having issues with their refrigerator condenser fan, but that doesn't appear to be the same part for this model. One post suggested the Fresh Food Fan, that seems a likely culprit but I am having a hard time finding the correct part for this model using that name

sethbest

Premium Member
Is this the correct fan?
WR60X10352
I've seen this one posted a bunch too, but it's listed as incompatible on for the PFE29PSDCSS, although a bunch of forum posts suggest it. It's one that requires the software update thing too.
WR49X25197

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

What is the serial number of your refrigerator?

If the refrigerator was made between (May 2014 - Mar 2015) with the serial range HD - FF the software must be updated by factory service or a Software Update Module WR98R882802 for proper performance.

Here's the Fresh Food evaporator fan motor for your model:
Evaporator Fan Motor WR60X26866

Jake

sethbest

Premium Member
Thanks Jake,
I ended up figuring this out after a ridiculous amount of research, I should have just waited for your reply. I didn't know what the notice meant about serial range, My serial is posted above as : MA513614

So going through technical documents it said the old fan had been replaced by the WR60X26866... which is why it isn't listed at all on any of the parts sites for my model and even when I called the RepairClinic and GE they couldn't tell me what evaporator fan it was supposed to have (everywhere only had the freezer fan listed). It's really bizarre.

Anyways I ended up ordering the fan and the update module, figuring that if I don't use the module I can just return it.
---
For future reference when I tried diagnostic mode I couldn't find anywhere the reference documenta bout what error codes meant or what the different number tests were. Do you know where I could find that?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks, Sorry I missed that!

Your refrigerator was made in July 2013. So you only need the new fan motor, not the update module.

Jake