• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PFRS2MBXASS Temperature fluctuating in freezer on GE refrigerator french door model

VikJES1969

Premium Member
Model Number
PFRS2MBXASS
Brand
GE
On a daily basis (as far as I can tell), the temperature of the freezer fluctuates from 0F to 11F which, I know, this doesn't sound like much but I've also noticed the refrigerator is more noisy than it used to be (it was almost completely silent for most of the time before). I know 11F is still way below the freezing point but some of the food isn't frozen solid when it hits this temperature (it's obviously not thawed but it's noticeably softer), so could the temperature display showing me the wrong temperature also? It will hit this higher temperature for something like an hour and go back to its preset temperature (0F), I was told this is just the defrost process taking place but I've never noticed this process before.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

That model number didn't pull up as good, please recheck it.

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

VikJES1969

Premium Member
Hi Jake,

The model number is : PFRS2MBXASS

I'm in Canada if that makes a difference (I presume model number between the US and Canada might not be the same) but anyhow here's a photo I took of the sticker that has the model and serial number:

IMG_20171119_194740.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Yes, some models from Canada we can't look up, this is one of them.

What I'd suggest first is to buy a freezer thermometer and put it in the freezer to monitor the temperature that way too.

You may have a bad freezer temperature sensor.

Jake