• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED PFS22SISBSS GE Refrigerator Condenser fan wiring

jcbara

Premium Member
Model Number
PFS22SISBSS
Brand
GE
Planned on replacing the fan but I screwed up. While trying to unplug the wire connector the wires slipped out of the connector . The fan has four wires (red, white, blue and yellow). The other side has pink, red and white. Can anyone tell me which wires connect to each other?? I'm guessing red to red, white to white but does the blue or yellow go to the pink. Please help. Thanks It's a Ge Model PFS22SISBSS.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
J2-8 = red wire from board to red wire on fan motor for is 12 VDC common to condensor and evaporator fan motor
J2-3 = white to white
J2-5 = Pink to yellow
J2-4 = yellow to yellow (evap motor)
J2-1 = black to black (evap motor)

WR84X10055 Condenser Fan Motor

jcbara

Premium Member
So the blue wire from the fan motor isn't connected? The red to red, wht to wht and yellow to pink??

jcbara

Premium Member
The wires on the fan are red, wht, blu and yellow. Wires on bottom of fridge to connect to fan are red, wht and pink.

rickgburton

Staff member
So the blue wire from the fan motor isn't connected?
No, the condensor fan motor only has the three wires. They probably use the same harness for both the evap and cond motors

jcbara

Premium Member
First two pics are the three wires that fell out of connecter in photo 4. Third pic shows the four wires attached to condenser motor. Hate to be a pest but I need to order parts or wait on a new fridge for a month or so. If I buy the fan motor and install incorrectly can I blow the motor and control board??

Attachments

• DSC01061.JPG
    DSC01061.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01062.JPG
    DSC01062.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01063.JPG
    DSC01063.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC01064.JPG
    DSC01064.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 15

rickgburton

Staff member
You're not following me. You might have a blue wire coming from the condensor fan motor but there is no wire connecting it to the board. The blue wire is an RPM signal feed. Only the evaporator fan motor uses the RPM signal wire. The condensor fan motor does not. Ignore the blue wire.
If I buy the fan motor and install incorrectly can I blow the motor and control board??
No, If you wire it they way I told you, you won't have any problems.