• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED PFSS5NJWASS GE Refrigerator Water dispenser problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich0082

Premium Member
Model Number
PFSS5NJWASS
Brand
GE
I have a GE model PFSS5NJWASS refrigerator. The dispenser currently is not functioning correctly. When the water dispenser is pressed it will dispense water but abruptly stops at no given intervals. Sometimes it functions correctly and other times it stops after a couple seconds. I’ve changed the inlet valve because old one was spilling water after filling a cup and would stop just as said above. I’ve checked all door switches and they work and I have Continuity at the dispenser switch on front panel and Resistance on the inlet valve. Good water pressure. Any suggestions? Does the main board control the water dispenser or is it the front temp board?

thank you for your time and Assistance

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Does the main board control the water dispenser
Yes Press the dispenser lever and measure the voltage across J7-3 to J7-9
WR55X10956-1.jpg

Rich0082

Premium Member
Ok. I will try it later once I get home from work. I did have the multi meter plugged into the water dispenser harness where it plugs into the inlet valve and voltage would drop on occasion while pressing the dispenser switch. Pretty much replicating the the water stopping when everything is hooked up.

Rich0082

Premium Member
Good morning

the issue seems to be fixed with the new motherboard. Thank you for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.