Philco refrigerator 1950's maybe

CaliAMG

Premium Member
Hello ya'll. I have recently inherited a Philco fridge. I don't know much about it, but I'm going to restore it to working condition. Doe's anyone know the year? Also in working condition how much is the one I have worth.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Also in working condition how much is the one I have worth.
circa; late 50's early 60's. Restored to factory showroom conditions it's worth several thousand dollars. As is, or anything less than showroom conditions, it's worth the price of scrap metal.

CaliAMG

Premium Member
I live in Southern California. Does anyone know a place where they restore out this way. I’m pretty close to Los Angeles

rickgburton

Staff member
You'll need to do a google search to find someone in your area. Keep in mind, if you have it restored, it will most likely cost you several thousand dollars.

CaliAMG

Premium Member
It’s in really good condition. I don’t think it will need much as far as replacement parts. Just paint and get it running, which might just be a easy fix cause it’s just been sitting for awhile. That shouldn’t be too much money, right?

CaliAMG

Premium Member
I’ve read some of the inside pieces are hard to find and may be expensive. From my assessment of the fridge it won’t need any of that.

rickgburton

Staff member
That shouldn’t be too much money, right?
Since it's working correctly it's worth a little more than scrap metal, but not much. Clean it up, add a paint job and it's an old used refrigerator. You can get maybe $200 -$300 for it. The paint job will cost you that much. Take two pictures of your refrigerator. One front view with the doors open and one with the door closed. Send them to john@antiqueappliances.com and he will tell you what it's worth.