• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PHP900 Induction cooktop is dead.....

bizzytheginge

Model Number
PHP900
Brand
GE
My fabulous,
reliable induction cookstop stop last night as I was cooking potatoes......there was a clunk (I thought for a second the glass had broken) and all the lights when out. The breaker had tripped, so I reset it and nothing.....we've checked the power supply to the breaker and to the cooktop and all is as it should be. So.....Google tells me that it is likely to be the fuse in the cooktop itself, but how the heck do we get to it? has anyone ever attempted this? We live overseas and bought the cooktop from a registered supplier of GE products - but there are no GE engineers here and it would be very expensive and complex to ship it out the country for repairs and then ship it back in. I successfully fixed the wall oven bought at the same time buy finding the part on Sears, so very comfortable with taking appliances apart.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its possibly a short at the terminal block inside the unit.

You'd need to remove the complete cooktop and lay it on a large cloth on your countertop and then you will see all the screws around it you need to remove.

Its going to be a big job, you will likely need a helper to lift this out, these are heavy.

And you will also need to turn the breaker off to it first and remove the electrical wiring to it from underneath first, unless you have a lot of slack in your electrical.

Jake