• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Please Help: LG Refrigerator LFXC24726S/02 reduces cooling, freezer working

user92626

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXC24726S/02
Brand
LG
Hi All,

My LG LFXC24726S/02 bought 2015 just starts to have the problem where the cooling section is reduced but freezer appears to works normally (foods are still frozen!).

I'm trying to solve it and have a few questions:
I can open up back of it from the inside, Is the fan where the green circle indicates supposed to run to blow out cool air thru a vent (where the red circle is) most of the time??

I'm not sensing any cool air being blown out. I am thinking of replacing that fan and/or also the sensor. Is it the right course of action?

What confuses me is the ice maker has started to make a lot less ice now. What gives if this is only involved the cooling section?

Thank you, everyone.

lfxc24726d-shelving-system.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

user92626

Premium Member
Hi Jake
Thank you so much for replying. I read and watched everything in your post.

Is there a way to know if that fan motor is working or not for certainty? Other than trying to hear it?

Let's assume the fan is good, can it be the sensor that's broken and doesn't tell the fan to run?

Thank you again. Much appreciation.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

user92626

Premium Member
It doesn't look like it's the refrigerator evaporator fan. That fan works but intermittently.

The problem pattern is ...I unplug power cord, then plug back. The fan is verified running (via having a magnet placed on the door hinge while the door open and seeing cool air blowing thru openings). However, the fan stops after some time, leaving the fridge not enough cooling.

I begin to think it's the Main Control Board. It's faulty and somehow unpluging power reset it to good state for a short while.

Please assist and give your advices. Thank you so much.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When the fan stops running and its not cool enough is the compressor still running or not?

This is the main control board for your model:
Main Control Board EBR78940615

Jake