• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Please Help: LG Refrigerator LFXC24726S/02 reduces cooling, freezer working

user92626

Premium Member
Model Number
LFXC24726S/02
Brand
LG
Hi All,

My LG LFXC24726S/02 bought 2015 just starts to have the problem where the cooling section is reduced but freezer appears to works normally (foods are still frozen!).

I'm trying to solve it and have a few questions:
I can open up back of it from the inside, Is the fan where the green circle indicates supposed to run to blow out cool air thru a vent (where the red circle is) most of the time??

I'm not sensing any cool air being blown out. I am thinking of replacing that fan and/or also the sensor. Is it the right course of action?

What confuses me is the ice maker has started to make a lot less ice now. What gives if this is only involved the cooling section?

Thank you, everyone.

lfxc24726d-shelving-system.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

user92626

Premium Member
Hi Jake
Thank you so much for replying. I read and watched everything in your post.

Is there a way to know if that fan motor is working or not for certainty? Other than trying to hear it?

Let's assume the fan is good, can it be the sensor that's broken and doesn't tell the fan to run?

Thank you again. Much appreciation.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

user92626

Premium Member
It doesn't look like it's the refrigerator evaporator fan. That fan works but intermittently.

The problem pattern is ...I unplug power cord, then plug back. The fan is verified running (via having a magnet placed on the door hinge while the door open and seeing cool air blowing thru openings). However, the fan stops after some time, leaving the fridge not enough cooling.

I begin to think it's the Main Control Board. It's faulty and somehow unpluging power reset it to good state for a short while.

Please assist and give your advices. Thank you so much.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When the fan stops running and its not cool enough is the compressor still running or not?

This is the main control board for your model:
Main Control Board EBR78940615

Jake

Ritz

Premium Member
My refrigerator LFX31945ST/02 was not cooling enough and figured out the evaporator fan was not working. I changed the fan (LG Motor assembly,dc (EAU64824401) but it still didn't fix the issue. The fan was not running at all so I reset the back panel and then it started working. The issue is the fan is not running all the time and I don't see any air in the refrigerator.
The refrigerator top shelf (near the air filter) temperature is 65F whereas the Glide section at the bottom [Tray Assembly, fresh Room]is having 34F on the refrigerator. Called a technician and he asked me to change the back panel as he thought it could the back panel which is not allowing the fan to run continuously. When the fan runs, hearing a noise because the original fan motor is replaced with a newer version and it's bigger is size

The freezer is cooling properly but the refrigerator top section [except fresh room] is not. The fan is running intermittently. Near the Gasket Assembly door, noticed water and ice. Is this an issue with the PCB board?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, then it has to be the main control board intermittent not supplying the refrigerator side fan motor with constant power to keep it running.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HzgNvfg0HjZN-pnZHtGrjFKgRpFW8LOm/view?usp=sharing

On page 37 it shows which wires to check for proper voltage to the refrigerator fan motor.

Here's the main control board(PCB) for your model:

Jake

Ritz

Premium Member
Hello Jake,

I have never used a multimeter before. How do I use the multimeter to get the voltage? Should I connect the multimeter black ground wire on 1 and red wire on 2 to check the voltage?

1628704283178.png

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Ritz

Premium Member
Hello Jake,

Thanks for your help. Here is the result

1~2= DC voltage reading 15 V
1~3- DC voltage reading 5 V

Does it mean the PCB board is not working? The voltage is more than 12V. Also, we changed the refrigerator fan motor recently EAU64824401.

Please suggest the next steps.

Thank you!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That means your refrigerator fan motor is the culprit.

If you recently changed it contact the place where you got it from and tell them its defective and they should send you another new one free of charge.

Jake

Ritz

Premium Member
Thank you Jake.

Is there any sensor on the top section which controls the fan? Could this be an issue with that?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Not that I'm aware of.

Jake