• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PLGC30S8CCA Frigidaire gas cooktop takes “forever” for the gas to come out of the burners

ed090025

Premium Member
Model Number
PLGC30S8CCA
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi,
I have a Frigidaire/Electrolux gas cooktop (oven is electric), model PLGC30S8CCA. Recently it takes “forever” for the gas to come out of the burners. A knob must be kept on for 30/45 seconds before one can hear/smell the gas come out. Once the gas is coming everything works fine – all burners work as they should. If it’s turned on shortly after (let’s say 4/5 minutes) it has been used and shut off, it works normally. However, if it’s off for a prolonged period of time (let’s say overnight), again one has to wait 30/45 seconds for the gas to come out the burners. There is no smell of gas that would indicate a leak and everything else in the house that uses gas (e.g. fireplace, dryer) works perfectly. Only the cooktop has a problem.
I’m suspecting the gas pressure regulator, but I’m not sure these symptoms indicate that’s actually the source of the problem. Any suggestion/advise is welcome. Thanks!

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

All 4 burners do that at the same time?
If yes, something common to all is definitely the pressure regulator and that would be a good item to replace.

frigidaire-pres-regulator-5308007974-ap2152378_01_m.jpg
LINK> Pressure regulator

jeff.

ed090025

Premium Member
Yup, all 4 act the same way. Therefore, excellent, that's exactly the information I was looking for. I'm handy enough to replace it but I wasn't sure if it was the culprit. I'll get one, install it, and report result.
Thanks a lot Jeff, much appreciated!