• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

PLMV168CC1 Cooking and light have ceased

oldchev

Premium Member
Model Number
PLMV168CC1
Brand
Electrolux
This is a Frigidaire/Electrolux PLMV168CC1. Today the microwave stopped. The clock was still on. A slight humming could be heard but the light, turntable, exhaust fan and other combined usual sounds ceased in the middle of a cooking event.
A clue ... the inside light had been flickering more and more lately. two months ago I did the usual and replaced the bulb thinking that was it. A new bulb did the same thing. It flickered on start or even when the door was open. Not always but mostly and became more frequent as time passed. I looked at the obvious light socket and associated wiring to the control panel. The microwave worked fine otherwise.

So after this event nothing was on except the slight hum explained above. Later I opened the door and the light came on so I closed it and entered a timed event and it started. Then I stopped it manually, opened the door and the light went out and it was dead as explained above.
I guess at this point it is intermittent probably more so than less.

Anyone had this issue?
-Oldchev

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like the control board. However it's been discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available.

oldchev

Premium Member
Also, There is one (used) available as:

FRIGIDAIRE Microwave Control Board, Part # 5304424537.
* This part is compatible with the following part #s: AP2151818, 901647, AH472814, EA472814, PS472814

About $92.00

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Earlier you said:

oldchev said:
....the light, turntable, exhaust fan and other combined usual sounds ceased.....the inside light had been flickering ...new bulb did the same thing
We can assume these are all ok since they all work intermittently. You can check for a loose connection or wire on the control board but the only thing these parts have in common is the control board.