• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Popping Sound Electrolux Induction Range EW30IS65JSA

jim58

Premium Member
Model Number
EW30IS65JSA
Brand
Electrolux
While frying chicken on my Electrolux induction range top, there was a loud pop and the entire stove shut down. I checked the breaker box, and the breaker for the range had been thrown. I reset the breaker. The range top control panel lit up, the oven worked normally, but the range top burners would not work. Code E 35 appeared on the control panel.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, usually the problem is the Induction board assembly that went out when it make the loud pop sound.

Here's the induction board assembly for your model you can order:
Induction housing assembly with electronics

Jake

jim58

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. The induction board assembly is a seriously expensive part! ($1,464.00). You say it is "usually" the problem. Could it also be the main control board? Or the filter board, which is part of the induction board? How do I make sure before ordering a part that is probably non-returnable?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Jim, because another member replaced the Filter Board and it fixed it BUT, 1 year later it did the same thing. So that's why its better to get the entire assembly, something in that induction system is causing the Filter Board to blow out.

Read what @zborgerd said here:

Error Codes: 35/75- AC input voltage too low, Induction Housing Assembly.
1) Measure the house voltage at the main incoming connections on the Filter Circuit Board, between terminals X1,X2 and X4,X5 the voltage should be 240 Volts AC ± 10%. 2) Inspect electrical jumpers from X1 to X2 and X4 to X5. 3) Terminal X6 is your chassis ground wire. 4) If proper voltage is present, replace the Filter Circuit Board.

Here's the Filter Board for your model:
5304454971 Filter Board

I'm attaching the service manual below.

Jake

Attachments

• 523_Electrolux_Induction_Built_In_Range_318202124.pdf
    10.8 MB · Views: 120

jim58

Premium Member
Hi Jake. The service manual link was incredibly helpful to get me through the disassembly, thank you. Once disassembled, I found a white block (fuse?) with a blackened face (burn mark) located on the filter board. So I guess I must choose between replacing just the filter board or replacing the entire housing assembly. I know you said the safer bet was to replace the entire housing, but I sure would like to save the extra $553 cost if I can. Any last bit of advice for me, now that we can actually see the problem? And is the blown fuse caused by faulty electronics, or by a power surge from the house current, so replacing parts will not solve problem? Your responses have been very professional and thorough, I much appreciate it. Pictures attached.

Attachments

• blown fuse.JPG
    blown fuse.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Housing Assembly.JPG
    Housing Assembly.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 103

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Like in the other thread, if the filter board is bad, you can certainly just replace the filter board, but I'd always be leery of this happening again.

The filter board alone is $900, if that fails again due to faulty electronics in the induction boards, there goes $900 down the drain, you see what I mean?

Jake