• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

PRD3610NP Discontinued Door Hinge Question Jenn-Air

SixMyles

Premium Member
Model Number
PRD3610NP
Brand
Jenn-Air
So after lots of digging and conversations with Jenn-Air, the door hinges for my oven have been discontinued - Part number W10298134. I find it amazing that a 7 year old, rather expensive, oven would have high wear items such as door hinges discontinued. The recommended replacement parts are not compatible with the oven frame.

Has anyone else run into this issue or have an idea how to repair existing hinges?

For reference, what it is suppose to look like:
genuineapplianceparts.com/item/W10298134_Jenn_Air_Oven_Door_Hinge_36_Inch/4887

What the replacement part number looks like: WP73001109

Thanks anyone for the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I found it in-stock here: PRD3610NP Parts

WP73001109

How do you know its incompatible? Did you already order one and try to replace it?

Jake

SixMyles

Premium Member
Yes, I ordered one of those already and tried. The stove frame wont accept a hinge that has 2 arms like the one you show. Look at the first link i have in my post.

Thanks for the reply

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it, yes I see now.

I agree it should NOT be No Longer Available only after 7 years. I don't know what else to suggest.

Jake

SixMyles

Premium Member
Nothing yet...I'm waiting to take the door apart over the holidays and hope I can shim the hinges to add more tension

MrCharlie

Premium Member
Wow. I ordered the replacement part, and discovered that it didn't fit. I can't believe this.

I was thinking of making a latch on the sides of the oven to pull the door tight. Not sure that will work.

Good luck on the shim approach - can you explain more where you intend to place the shims?

SixMyles

Premium Member
Either below or above the springs. I'll slide in some kind of space to provide more tension on the spring, so that it puts more tension on the door to keep it closed...that's the plan till I get it apart.