Pressure dome or fill switch GTW465ASNWW ??? or other

maxoverload

Premium Member
ok time for a better mousetrap - Dont know who here will have the resources to get the information I an after - essentially a reverse part buyers guide - they exist - I have used them in the auto parts field - or even a buyers guide ----- for clothes washer parts - tough to find in a auto part store - anyway I am trying to find what Top load ' model ge or maytag washers still use the old fashioned pressure switch or pressure dome - water level switch ( with the adjustment screw ) for 3.8 , 3.9 , 4.2 cu. ft. washers - may take a bit of time - but Im bound and determined to not use a puddle front load - its like going to the river and beating the clothes in a puddle against a rock , the womans delicate clothes are being torn to shreeds without some water to float in - n deep fill bulk is just to much - one extreme or the other

maxoverload

Premium Member
thanks rich - but have found soil level , temp and multiple rinse control settings - then it seems like a newer red electronic control instead of air dome / switch , red and not adjustable

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I know of no new machines that use the old style only the older styles like direct drive Whirlpools.

maxoverload

Premium Member
any idea of the generation/time period that the switch change became dominant - if need be I will find an older newest possible style washer